The Instreamer makes the streaming of audio over IP networks smooth and easy. It encodes any incoming audio signal into G.711, PCM or high-quality MP3 streams and can send the stream to up to 32 different destinations across the LAN or over the internet.
Instreamers support unicast, broadcast, or multicast streaming along with peer-to-peer connections with other Barix devices. It can also be used for integration into wide audio infrastructures with Shoutcast, Icecast or another third-party software. Simple web and command interfaces make the firmware configurable and the audio stream can be adjusted to the network bandwidth. The stream can be started/stopped in several ways (send on CTS, send on level or send always). The serial port is used as a command port or for serial network tunneling. Together with a Barix encoder device (e.g. Instreamer, Annuncicom or Exstreamer500), the firmware is an easy-to-install and cost-effective solution for professional audio streaming and can even be used for MOH solutions.
Encoder for analog audio sources in real-time with TCP, UDP, Shoutcast, Multicast RTP stream
• MP3, G.711, G.722, PCM Encoding
• IP Streaming via TCP, UDP, RTP, Multicast
• Shoutcast/Icecast Source capability
• Audio Level Supervision with SNMP Trap generation
• Line Level Input (Stereo)
• This solution takes advantage of multicast streaming technology which conserves network bandwidth by allowing a single audio stream to be accessed concurrently by thousands of users.
Application: Multi Sources Live Audio Feed for Cisco IP Phone and BT Turret.