Avaya has been a leader in the telephony segment of the market with its Avaya Aura Communications Manager telephony server, its Modular Messaging product and the contact center capabilities in its Interaction center. With the acquisition of Nortel Enterprise Solutions, Avaya has embarked on a new product roadmap for universal communications designed to assure customers that it will protect, extend and grow their investments. The key is an enterprisewide, real-time architecture built around open standards such as SIP, presence and web services.
Avaya Aura is the company’s core communications platform, supporting unified communications and collaboration with contact center solutions for midsize and large enterprises. Avaya Aura provides the integration and management platform between the company’s PBXs and the unified communications and collaboration services it supports, such as voice, video, messaging, conferencing and mobility. Aura enables legacy Avaya and Nortel PBXs to interoperate with SIP-based VoIP equipment, which promises to reduce the cost of adopting unified communications and collaboration solutions because it obviates the need to replace existing PBXs and phones.
Among the benefits delivered by Avaya in its unified communications and collaboration strategy and Aura product line are adherence to industry standards, an open platform, multi-vendor compatibility and robust, high-availability features.
Avaya Aura includes five core applications.
Communications Manager:This is Avaya’s leading telephony solution, delivering voice and video control for a resilient, distributed network of media gateways and a wide range of analog, digital and IP-based communication devices. It scales from fewer than 100 users to as many as 36,000 users on a single system and more than a million users on a single network.
Session Manager: The SIP Session Manager makes it possible to use Avaya Aura to integrate and simplify existing infrastructure, combining existing PBXs and other communications systems regardless of vendor. Among other features, Session Manager enables users to log in from remote locations and get access to a full set of pre-programmed capabilities.
Applications Enablement Services:These are enhanced telephony APIs, protocols and web services that support off-the-shelf and custom integration with hundreds of communications and business applications.
Presence Services: These integrate rich presence capabilities across diverse environments, including Avaya and third-party products. Presence services support voice calls and instant messaging, enabling users throughout the network to reach the people they need using multiple communications channels.
Systems Manager: This is a common management framework that optimizes central management functions for provisioning, operations and fault/performance monitoring.
Helping to Accelerate Digital Transformation
Your business wants to make every experience as seamless and connected as possible. So employee collaboration is easier and more efficient, and customer satisfaction is higher. Avaya solutions make it happen.
Avaya IP Office
IP Office is a single, stackable, scalable small business communications system that grows with your business easily and cost-effectively. Built from the ground up specifically for small and midsize businesses, IP Office offers technical flexibility – it uses digital, analog, IP, or any combination of these – and resiliency.
Key Capabilities at a Glance
• Flexible Deployment:In the cloud, on-premise or hybrid deployments are all supported with IP Office along with the ability to migrate from one to the other when the time is right for you.
• All-in-one Communications and Collaboration: The Avaya Equinox experience provides a single app for voice, video, messaging, conferencing and calendar and keeps employees productive on any device, from any location.
• Cost-saving applications: built-in audio and video conferencing, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), and voice and instant messaging streamline support and reduce monthly costs.
• Complete mobility solutions:Whether your employees are on the road, working remotely, or just at a different location, IP Office’s intuitive tools and apps keep them engaged, productive and reachable.
• Out-of-the-box applications integration:Embed communications in the applications you already have: Salesforce, Google, Microsoft Office 365 and Skype for Business.
• Distinctive Customer Contact: IP Office offers integrated voice, webchat, email, FAX and reporting capabilities that allow even the smallest contact center to support sophisticated and satisfying customer interactions.
• Peace of Mind: Highly reliable and secure, IP Office reduces security threats, toll fraud, and downtime through a hardened architecture that has been proven in more than 635,000 businesses.
• Scalability (5 to 3,000 Users):Avaya IP Office grows with you as your business accelerates. Support up to 3,000 users at up to 150 networked sites. With Avaya IP Office, your small to midsized business has affordable, flexible and powerful choices for business communications. Select the features that are right for you today and add new capabilities as your business grows and faces new challenges. Regardless of the IP Office Edition you choose, you’ll be backed by Avaya and its 100+ year technology heritage of delivering communications solutions that matter to small and midsized businesses.
The below Figure illustrates a configuration that consists of Avaya IP Office 11 and BT Unified Trading IP Trade Platform. BT Unified Trading IP Trade Platform interoperates with Avaya IP Office using a TCP connection.
Connection of BT Unified Trading IP Trade Platform with Avaya IP Office.
BT Trading Turret with Avaya
BT Unified Trading IP Trade Platform can be integrated with Avaya IP Office. The BT Unified Trading IP Trade Platform is a SIP endpoint management solution that interoperates with Avaya IP Office as SIP endpoints. BT Unified Trading IP Trade Platform manages BT Turrets by registering with Avaya and allowing communication with Avaya endpoints. BT Turret is a specialized telephony key system that is generally used by financial traders.